
Start the clock. I'm shooting for a worthwhile entry in under 10 mins.
Here we go...
For the second time this summer I was knocked to the canvas for a couple weeks with a stomach condition. This time around was not quite the knock out blow that landed in late June and left me 10-12 lbs lighter in the end. Just a standing 8 count and I am now back in action, no lighter. Had the pleasure of a scope down the old gullet to get a professional eyeball on the situation. Serious stuff is pretty well ruled out. I am gradually venturing from eating completely bland stuff into not so bland. Taking appropriate meds for awhile as the works heal.
Cheap gas went up fro $2.35 to $2.69 before Katrina, then shot up to $3.33 locally in Greenbelt and now is dropping. Currently at $3.19.
I missed blueberry season and the felling of the apple tree. I am, however, enjoying some of this years berries thanks to Martha's picking efforts and the Mom & Dad express delivery. BIG thank you Martha!
I am a few pages into Brad Lockwood's book on the Case family knife dynasty. I'm liking it. Should I be surprised? Thanks Martha (again) for the signed copy.

Caught a Nationals game at RFK Stadium last weekend with Mom & Dad.

It was a big game with playoff implications, and they lost thanks to one bad inning by their ace pitcher Hernandez and some play by the Atlanata Braves, including a reach-over-the-fence-and-snag-a-home-run catch.
But it was a great day to be at the park. Low 80's, low humidity, sunny. Good seats in the shade. Very comfortable. RFK is spiffed up just enough to be a pleasant sight from the stands.
(And, NO! the Nats are not quite out of it yet, darn it!)

While I was out of commission Bridget has started running and walking. She is persevering cautiously, learning to accomodate and smartly manage her way through the minefiled of aches and pains that come with never having done this stuff. And she is progressing nicely. And, she is making all kinds of home improvements as well. Inspiring.
Dad continues with a busy work schedule and absolutely epic running. Mom is just as busy and has added a local pooch as an ocassional walking companion for her daily cruise in the neighborhood. They have also leapfrogged me technologywise, with a nice laptop at home ona wireless sytem.
I see the youngest of six is logging some impressive bike miles. Especially as they are on a mtn bike and off road. That off road stuff is too much for a roadie like me. An hour off pavement is easily as tough as 2 on it.
I'm out of the loop and way behind on all of the many other local family events. Even more clueless than usual I suppose I should add.
Meanwhile, I'm just happy to happy to have the energy to throw a wimpy post up on this blog site.
And... 29mins later, I'm done.
3 comments:
Great entry, and in under 30 minutes. I'm impressed by the pitcher's mound shot. That was a long way away, but you can actually see the pitcher. And proof positive that we were there...
Good to see you blogging again. And such great medical history. Let us know when you get into a running routine again.
But I hate to tell you going to a baseball game isn't as exciting as kayaking.
Jim M... the fixed gear bike riding is a fitness/hobby thing that probably sits on that broad fence between Luddite and old-school cool, er, yeah. There is a bit of a training aspect to it. A few weeks of riding nothing but fixed gear will noticeably improve bike handling and develop a smoother, rounder pedal stroke. And, biking of any kind boosts (bike) fitness, so there is always that.
Post a Comment