Back at it. Not much to report with me - that is my overarching theme, btw. As ever present as my favorite blog crutches: lots of these ( ), and these ..., and probably too many of these , .
The punctuation police could fill their quota in one quick drive-by here.
So, I will fill space via two other angles of attack. Hopefully (comma) in an amusing, interesting fashion, keeping it short enough so you'll at least check back every few weeks.
My two-pronged approach:
1. Update re someone not me; and
2. Steal content ideas from other blogs and adapt them to my liking, throwing those other bloggers zero credit for the inspiration.
1. Update re B - Just too easy right now B!
Recently had a birthday.
Has lots of hot gal pals.
And... (drum roooolllllllllll, buiiiiiiiiiiilllldinnnnng to a crescendo) ... just adopted a svelte young cat!
My sister has thereby - by her own admission - gone over the edge.
Mine was a family of dog folks, or so I thought. I'm afraid to do the math. Denial is better than admitting dog folks are in the minority.
Don;t misunderstand. Animals are great. Each deserves kindness. But dogs are clearly better. Truly, best. Would you ever come across the following quote with regard to cats? "I someday hope to be as a good a person as my dog thinks I already am."
Well, I suppose the next best thing to an exclusively dog loyal person is a cat person. You're still my favorite sister B.
2. The Intellectual Property theft (it's not really plagiarism, technically, right?)
It's actually a common fail safe: The List.
Should be right up my alley. I'm nothing if not a list person (avoiding eye contact with the post-its surrounding my pc). I'll stick to my comfort zone, maybe stretch it.
Things I would not have done if I had not "gotten into" endurance sports.
If I can't stretch this into multiple entries... well, pathetic is the word. I'll do my best, for better or worse, to keep it spicy, avoid lots of the boring, predictable and relatively meaningless run Xmiles in Xmins kind of items.
1. Purchase and continue to wear elastic shoe laces in my running shoes. The footwear equivalent of taped together spaz eyeglasses. Function over form my friends.
2. Voluntarily (actually paid for the privilege) taking a 35min swim in sub 65F water. The air temp was sub 55F. It was raining. Did I mention I paid to do this? I even planned to hop directly on my bike and knock a good 15-20degrees off that 55F with the natural wind chill that cycling endows. What doesn't kill you... Well, it may make you stronger, provided you get through the hypothermia, which I did. I then packed my bike in my car, cranked the heat, drove home and alternately whined and bragged about it for at least a month.
3. Slather the visual and feel-quivalent of mayonaisse all over the inside of spandex shorts, slip into the shorts and get on the bike. Repeat.
(side note - People really eat this mayo stuff don't they? I don't now how either tastes, but I'll eat chamois creme before mayo.)
Makes shaving my legs with a Braun electric seem pretty tame all of a sudden.
Gas is now $2.44 for the cheap stuff, rising fast from $2.33.
35F and dry here today. Calling for more of the same this wek. Maybe winter has really arrived now that we are in mid-Feb. She's welcome for six weeks, tops.

No comments:
Post a Comment