Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Rocking onward

Shatterbelt - get on over there by clicking here and check it out. You can see a slick video as well as listen to some of their songs.

Yeah, I'm a CSPAN-listening, never-been-to-myspace-dot-com geezer, but fwiw, I am very impressed.

How did they get some of those overhead road shots for the video? Pretty polished tunes too.

Far from earth shattering, but def more than standard training aches and pains. Just hours after dropping a race entry in the mail some calf/achilles issues cropped up on my evening run. Not good. Time to stay off the road. No run or bike for now. Ouch. Will switch gears to a swim focus I guess.*

That is part of the beauty of tri. Rarely will injury bar exercise all together. So the exercise that gives my day structure almost never has to disappear entirely.

Blame it on endurance sports:
  • wildlife sightings of all kinds - red fox, bald eagles and what I can only call vultures being the most noteable three
  • combo of cold and wind resulting in losing a contact lense while on the bike, 3-4 times in the last year. I now carry eye drops and extra lense.
* I need to save energy for the big birthday wingding this weekend anyway.

No comments: