Tomorrow the nuke-you-lur (dubya speak, hah) fam gets in the car and heads for bean town.
I've checked out 4 audio books for the ride. That was tough selecting. Tough. Each is 8-10hrs. One fiction (J. Patterson), a bio (John Adams, McCullough) and two other nonfiction.
I should, I hope, only need to succeed with one out of the four. I figure we might actually talk (or sleep) for a good chunk of the time each way.
The race goes down on Mon. 4-17. I believe it's an 11a.m. start. Outdoor Life Network (OLN) will broadcast live, something like 11-2, then replay at 5p (all EST I think, OLN is just a few keystrokes away if you're interested). OLN will of course stick primarily to the leading men and women.
Dad put in his last run today, an easy 5miler. Three days to freshen the legs and then see what the day gives him Mon. This a race he should try to savor and enjoy, not worry about time.
Follow his progress on line if you like.
You may log on to either bostonmarathon.org or baa.org and check out the Hewlett-Packard Athlete Search where every 5k split will be posted by either entering name or bib number.
No comments:
Post a Comment