Recently altered my
tri bike position. Jacked the front end up a
gigantic 4cm, after already raising it 2cm a couple weeks prior. Seat to arm rest "drop" (ground height differential) is now 10cm, much less "aggressive" than 16cm. Not as
aero, but hip angle is more open, and hopefully I'm more powerful while putting less aggravation on the lower back, pelvis and
ITBand. I don't feel like a main sail, sitting high and catching wind resistance, but don't feel like a slippery bullet either.
So far so good. Better to be healthy and able to race than aerodynamic but never healthy at the start line, or not there at all. That last 4cm, and some other smaller tweaks came courtesy of Eric, the man behind
Principle Fitness (FIST certified). We'll see. I may not be able to resist the temptation to nudge the bars down just a bit in the pursuit of free
aero speed. For now, at least my tongue will stay out of the front spokes.
Eric's summary from my 2hrs with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment