Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

American. Musical Reset Button.


Moyers closed his show with this music video last week. A song commissioned by Norman Lear on the occasion of the inauguration,and presented as a video with various singers in recognizable venues across the country.




And the classic Rev. King speech. No doubt one of thousands of blogs posting it. (17mins) You may have to crank the volume.




Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."


The full text is here.

1 comment:

into my 60s said...

That music video is fantastic! I just took the time to play it. Makes one weep.