Dream conditions for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler last Sunday. Almost zero wind, ~50F, sunny, blossoms in bloom, 10,000 friends along for the run past monuments. Good times. Who cares if Mayor Fenty nipped me? I have my excuses. Long johnny lines, no warmup, no stretching time, almost no running for 6 days prior.
Really good time for the winner - 45:56 (4:38).
Solid time for me - 1:03:35 (6:22) 230/6618 men; 24/861 40-44m
The Mayor - 1:02:59 (6:18).
My time matches almost to the second my finish time 2yrs ago, the last year I raced it.
Not a chatty group, my fellow '09 racers. Full of caffeine (it's good, another study says so) and race day joy, I tried. Instead of always being complimentary with my words, maybe trash talk would at least get a response, at risk of an elbow. Hmmm.
I enjoy the chance to observe the wide variety run styles at races. On this day, women stood out as having very good form, almost uniformly. Maybe the women running in the 6-7min pace range are likely to have run in college, had coaching, care about form, etc.
Had a very tight hamstring starting the morning after the race. Five days post race and it's still tight but better each day. Felt fine on day 4 till I tried running, had to abort after 25mins.
No problems biking or swimming tho. Phew. I'll call it a swim/bike block of training for a few days before I give running another go. No need to gamble with exacerbating a hammie.
No comments:
Post a Comment