Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pay-Ree Roo-Bay, Mon Cherry

The 2010 race coverage is on Versus TV network, Sunday 4-11-10, 6-9p. 
I'm pulling for George Hincapie (US) and David Millar (UK), and Big Jens Voigt (German) if he's riding.

Most of all I'm pulling for Bill & Marge out in CO.  Knowing them both, I'd put every penny on them to kick the snot out of Guillain-Barre.

Here's a taste of the race also known as the Hell of the North. 



Hincapie targets this classic every year.  He's never won, 2nd once. Bad luck often sabotages him.  His handlebar stem snapped on the cobbles in 2006.


Watching Paris-Roubaix should be a nice way to put the feet up and finish off a solid April Sunday that will start with the Cherry Blossom 10 miler.  Should be about 50F, sunny and standard 5-10mph winds at the 7:40a start.  I think I've got sub70 in me.  But can I take the Mayor?

The plan was to double up the Cowley factor and run it with Dad.  Life intervened, however, and he is headed to Denver to lend a hand to B&M. 

This year the Cherry B is streaming live video available at the race link above.

No comments: