This morning I accepted an offer for a full-time permanent job with the federal government. Start date is Monday, August 15.
It's a brand new position, deemed necessary in the face of belt tightening, so I'm hoping it's not on the chopping block as federal downsizing cranks up. The volume of work is daunting and the subject matter challenging, but interesting.
I'm familiar with the office and personnel. It's a short commute. The pay plenty acceptable. All in all, it's a great opportunity. And, to have this come together in these tough economic times is all the more amazing.
I'm not sure which event is more shocking - this multisport geek finally having some success getting his S together on the career front, or (cue the sport reference) Norwegian riders winning four stages of the Tour de France this year.
These Norwegian commentators = me after closing the deal today.
(1:30).
It's a brand new position, deemed necessary in the face of belt tightening, so I'm hoping it's not on the chopping block as federal downsizing cranks up. The volume of work is daunting and the subject matter challenging, but interesting.
I'm familiar with the office and personnel. It's a short commute. The pay plenty acceptable. All in all, it's a great opportunity. And, to have this come together in these tough economic times is all the more amazing.
I'm not sure which event is more shocking - this multisport geek finally having some success getting his S together on the career front, or (cue the sport reference) Norwegian riders winning four stages of the Tour de France this year.
These Norwegian commentators = me after closing the deal today.
(1:30).
4 comments:
Great announcement!!!!
Congrats Cullen (on the job announcement).
Congratulations!!
And I enjoyed the video, too.
Thanks for reading, and the congrats.
Hope that short video made you laugh, or at least smile.
I found that crazy happiness quite infectious.
Post a Comment