Search This Blog

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Holiday Week

This pic does not do justice to the monster manger.

Well. Made it through another year. Woohoo!

A very nice holiday week to finish out 2005.
  • Soooo nice to have Bridget around for a few days, even if she is all about getting lights, lights and more lights on the tree. Sheeesh. I kid, I kid... really.
  • Great food, and darn healthy overall. My foray into Yorkshire territory was balanced by completely additive free dishes like sweet potatoes, squash, asparagus, and spinach.
  • Mom and Dad at the helm keeeping things humming like a well oiled machine as they juggled the usual Christmas activities with caring for every pet in the neighborhood. Many sweet animals abandoned for the holidays, not that I picked up any of the slack.
We got out to see The Family Stone. Not a bad flick. Holiday fare of the slightly deep thinking variety, served up with a solid dose of flawed family dynamics (the family on the screen, not the family in the seats, er, yeah) with a dash of tear jerker seasoning.

I managed a few pics from Christmas day, and one of my first crack at using the food processor from Bridget. The green stuff is a blend of chick peas and spinach with a little salt, garlic, turmeric and muchi curry spice thrown in. Call it Holiday Hummus I suppose.

I'm also throwing in a pic of the humble Christmas (or would it be "Holiday") Tree propped up by the City of Greenbelt. It's a Charlie Brown tree for sure. Not a single light Bridget! This rather blue collar and heavily liberal 'burb has it's spending priorities in order, or maybe just a limited tax base. In any event, campaign money directed here by any party is wasted.




Health, contentment and prosperity to all in '06.

1 comment:

into my 60s said...

Great summary. Eileen's fudge box gets the prominence it deserves!

Cool tree. Looks like they picked the neediest tree in the neighborhood...definite good holiday spirit.