Coffee! Yeah for caffeine!
It's not evil. Really. A fairly recent article on the pro/cons. As vices go it may not be so bad.
If you're a coffee drinker you probably have a personal preference for your palate. Me? I'm no coffee connoisseur or java snob, but I do know what I like. I take my tasty rocket fuel cold processed and cold in hand.
1lb of coarsely ground fresh coffee. Choose your fave bean or brand.
Put it all in a big pitcher, add 10-12 cups of cold water. Stir a bit.
Stick it in the frig over night.
Filter the grounds as you pour it into another pitcher, and you're left with a sizable batch of potent delicioso. Condensed coffee. If you haven't killed it in a week or so, pour the remainder into an ice cube tray, and (what else) freeze it.
I pour a half a coffee cup (3-4oz) of the dark nectar into a BIG glass already chock full of ice. Add some soy or cow juice if you like. I use soy, and I add some water to further dilute the mix and top off the glass. I sweeten with a couple drops of liquid stevia extract, no need for sugar or any fake stuff.
The stevia, the lack of heat brewing, the soy milk - these all undermine the acidity that usually is carried with a standard cup of coffee.
2 comments:
Ew...1 pound of coffee grounds???? COLD coffee...not even looking like a milkshake...in the morning even....COLD coffee?...before noon???
Hmmm, while technically this could qualify as borderline Wussification, I'm giving you credit for home brewing your stuff raw and strong. Personally, I drink mine black, hot, and brewed up from freshly ground beans roasted by the Masters of Bean at the legendary Peet's Coffee of Berkeley, California. But I will admit to the occasional cappuccino... Hey, even the Italians drink cappuccino once in a while, just not after 10:00am!
Thanks for the link to The Wuss, I laughed by tail off!
-Lawrence
Post a Comment