Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Smoothies

The topic of smoothies has come up recently.

I like mine cold and thick, so I use a blender. I don't get too sports geeky with it, but if you're of that mind, 4:1 ratio of carbs:protein is the way to go.

My typical blend is something like:
  • 1 sliced banana
  • handful of ice cubes
  • fruit juice (cran, rasp, red grape) or soy milk depending on mood (fruity or creamy)
  • frozen berries (blue, black, rasp, cherries)
  • other fruit I may have around (kiwi, frozen mango chunks)
  • start blending, add a bit of water as needed
  • add a scoop of protein powder as it churns, I use this
  • maybe a scoop of Green stuff (I get it much cheaper locally)
  • sometimes a teaspoon of Manuka Honey
For a few other recipes, click here.

No comments: