Search This Blog

Monday, October 08, 2007

Weekend of 10-6-07

Haile Gebrselassie, 34 years old, Ethiopa
2:04:26 (4:45 mi avg!!)
A new Marathon World Record by 29seconds
9-30-07 Berlin Marathon

I think I might be a coffee wuss, re my recent post on my java luv.
The Wussification.

Gebrselassie pictured above is a welcome counter to the Marion Jones events. HG has dominated at shorter distances as well. 10K gold in Atlanta in 1996. World Champ as early as 1993. Plays himself in the 1999 film about his life Endurance. Known for his efficient, beautiful run form. This guy absolutely flies and looks effortless doing it. Also holds the current 20K world record.

A nice warm weekend of work and exercise for me. Best bike rides in weeks.
Registration opens today for the May, 2008
Desoto American Triple T weekend of racing in Shawnee State Park, Portsmouth, OH.
Limited to 300 it will fill rapidly. I'm oh soo close to hitting the register button on line. Three days of triathlon (droooool). Starts with short stuff Fri, ends with a Half IM distance Sun.

It's another one of those races on my All Time Must-Do list. Recall that the long distance duathlon American Zofingen was on that list but I opted out of it due to my knee. That will be held for the last time next weekend. Not happening in 2008. So, why not cross the DeSoto TTT off the list in '08? I'll mull it for another 24.

Fri. 10-5
Run & Swim
Run 47mins, ~6.3mi
Swim 43 mins, drills and free.

Sat. 10-6 Bike-Run-Swim
Worked a half day. Mid 80’s, pretty humid.
Bike – Yes! 2hr20min. Best ride since before Savageman. 2hrs before any knee noise, then it whispered “Hello mate, nothing urgent, but I’m still here” now and then over the remaining 20mins. Very happy about this. Longest ride I’ve attempted in weeks. Even did some up tempo but controlled time standing up on the hills.

~6min trans to run

Run ~37mins, ~5mi.
Swim very easy recovery swim, 25mins, low level effort, focus on form, easy drills and fre

Sun. 10-7 Run & Swim
Work half a day. Run 69mins, ~9.5mi, mi 8 in 6:42. Ran it fairly frisky throughout, pushed it intentionally for just a single mile. ~85F, bit of humidity.
30mins stretch and recovery and refuel.
Swim Swim 35mins mix of drills, some with zoomers, easyish free

Mon. 10-8 Bike
(Columbus Day) Worked a short day and got out on the bike for ~90mins.
Another exquisitely knee-free ride! Near 90F. Lovin' it.

No comments: