Search This Blog

Friday, January 04, 2008

Steering back into the groove

Thur. 1-31-08

Back in the pool. I mean, BACK IN THE POOL!!

Triumph #1 - Beating back the strong desire to go back to sleep when the alarm went off at 5a. 18F on the Cougar-ometer at oh-5-40 didn’t scare me back indoors. Sliding into bed and getting to sleep would have been sooooo easy.

Triumph #2 - Surviving the swim session, staying relatively "on", not just going through the motions to finish a set.

Best of all: no noise from the high chest strain, finally!

Form wasn't as terrible as I feared, I'm still far from sprouting gills, and fitness is ugly. If the effort was anything but very easy it quickly felt hard. Fortunately, coach went easy on us. I wasn't the only one returning to the water after a layoff.

200warm up
2x50 drills of each, all w/zoomers: side swim, 1 arm, stroke and glide, catch-up
500 free hard w/zoomers
500 free steady no zoomers
3x25 very easy
1x25 hard

Evening - Bike
1hr20mins on the trainer. Just riding. A little standing and a little pushing the effort now and then. My attempt to ease the legs back into things.

Fri. 1-4-08
Run steady 60mins, ~7.8-8mi, feeling a bit more like a runner, not quite back to form or HR:pace tho.
Upper 20's, crisp.
15mins core.

How about Obama and Huckabee in Iowa?
The high turnout pleases me greatly. Might there be hope for a record (respectable) percentage of eligible voters to get out to the polls in November?


No comments: