Search This Blog
Saturday, August 28, 2010
NPR, Baseball & Brazilian Beats
Fun Fri. evening last night courtesy of Mark.
Started with a tour of NPR - awesome for a long time NPR listener. Icing on the cake - watched a few minutes of the All Things Considered broadcast in progress.
Closed with a Nationals v Cards game on a comfortable 80F or so night, complete with NPR logo'd hat and souvenier baseball.
Planned Saturday hike turned into an afternoon at Columbia Heights Day. Sort of a county fair day for the community. Live music. Food and drink. Kid games. Petting zoo, where the camel and llama (I think) were popular. Not the greatest pics. I know, should've bulldozed thru the kids to get nose-to-nose, or camera-to-nose, with the animals.
And an impressive display of drumming. Crowd sources tell me it's Brazilian style.
Gas - $2.59 (yes) for the cheap stuff at one station.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I want a drum!
I am jealous of the NPR tour! have to tell me more details while we are at the marathon.
Post a Comment